Thursday, February 28, 2013

Sweet Reminders

Yesterday was a day full of great reminders of God's love and faithfulness.  It was one of those days when you feel the Lord's smile and hear His sweet whispers all day long.

One of my favorite moments was when my 9 Korean students ministered to me.  I was asked to come sit in my students' ELL (English Language Learners) class so that they could practice their English and practice sharing the Wordless Book with me.  I sat there with one student at a time, knee to knee, face to face, and listened to each one thoroughly share the amazing Good News with me.

With each question I asked, they answered so clearly, confidently, and thoughtfully.  I had goose bumps running up and down my arms as I listened to their powerful words.  I sat in awe, with my eyes tearing up.

We talked about how we are all CHILDREN of GOD... which means we are children of the KING... which means we are his PRINCES and PRINCESSES. What an honor.  We don't deserve any of this... and yet He LAVISHES His love on us.

What a precious, precious, precious moment this was.  It was a good reminder that we should be thinking about this love and this gift all the time.  This is why I am here... to invest in missionary kids and missionaries, and to walk with them in their journey with Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. That's so amazing,I'm so glad to "hear"those kind of words and thoughts of an young girl and believe that there is hope,hope to see our children growing up on Jesus side,see them growing listening about Jesus' love.
    Congratulations on what you're doing,that's the way I expect my daughter to be.A listener of Jesus voice!

    ReplyDelete