Saturday, March 16, 2013

Classroom Stories


Here are some cute stories from my classroom:

I was lining up my class so that we could be on our way to music when one of my students starts jumping and smelling my hair. “Uh Miss Carlson, why does your hair smell like…” sniff sniff. “… like plastic and...”, snif snif “… air conditioning?” I reply with a smile, “** (name of student) stop smelling my hair”.  He continues jumping and inhaling, “What? It really really does… it smells like plastic and air conditioning!” Haha I love how honest kids are. (I do wash my hair regularly! Maybe I need to try different product :P ) This is also the kid who likes to touch my leg and guess what I ate for lunch that day... I do use mouth mints and gum (when my kids are out of the room) but this little guy has a great nose!  

Earlier this week, after music, two of my kids had a little bit of a disagreement during our bathroom break.  I had the whole class come in to the classroom to begin our Social Studies lesson and was having kids turn and share their ideas with their neighbors. I noticed an empty desk in my room and opened the door to see where this student had gone.  One of the custodians pointed to our cubbyholes outside and I saw a little bottom hanging out. I’m amazed at the amount of flexibility and creativity this kid had to stuff himself in with his bag! How can you not burst in to laughter at that? I talked him out of his cubbyhole and convinced him to come back inside.

A few days ago while I was on duty, some kindergarteners were having an argument. One was very upset that the others were tickling her and began ignoring them. I talked to the other girls and asked if they thought she liked them tickling her. One of them paused and thought for a moment. Then she replied, “Well… she did say stop.” I had to pretend to wipe my mouth to cover my laugh as we finished our discussion.  There are many adorable rocket scientists in kinder!

I got to say, being a teacher is really fun.

2 comments:

  1. Too cute! Rob and I enjoyed reading this :). Talk soon? And happy almost birthday, sister!!

    Caitlyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caitlyn! Thanks :) Yes! Let's chat. I do believe it is your birthday first!!

      Delete